- For board and picture books, you will need to submit the full manuscript
- For chapter books (early readers, middle grade, young adult), the author should send the first 8-10 pages:
- 12 pt font, 1 inch margins, double-spaced, single sided pages
- The price of the service is $125 per manuscript
- Writers will receive a detailed, written critique of their work. If you wish to meet virtually to discuss the critique after receiving it, Lisa will quote you an hourly consultation rate.
- Lisa will keep your work confidential
Lisa A. Crayton, is a creative, versatile communicator with more than 30 years’ experience, and exemplary communications skills. Her extensive background includes corporate publications management, ghostwriting, TV and radio interviewing, publicity, and e-publishing. A freelance editor, she has edited magazines and books, and presently serves as a freelance editor with Harambe Press, Lighthouse Publishing of the Carolinas’ imprint dedicated to raising up voices of color. An award-winning freelance writer, she writes, or has written, articles, devotionals, Bible Study Guides, columns, essays, and other content. The author of I Want To Teach My Teen About Money Management, Crayton has served as a contributing author for several other non-fiction books. Her twelve nonfiction children’s books encompass biographies, literary criticism, and youth guidance topics. She also is a co-author of a six-book series. A gifted speaker with years of experience in church leadership roles, she teaches at writers conferences and other events. Crayton is a member of the five professional organizations: Society of Children’s Book Writers & Illustrators, American Society of Journalists & Authors, Evangelical Press Association, American Christian Fiction Writers, and Advanced Writers & Speakers. She earned her Master’s of Fine Arts in Creative Writing from National University (2014), and a B.S. dual degree (cum laude) in public relations and journalism from Utica College (1985).