“Removing Roadblocks to Getting Published” free webinar series
January 22 @ 11:00 AM - January 25 @ 12:00 PM ESTFree
What are the most common roadblocks authors encounter when trying to get published? How do you overcome those roadblocks? Learn from our expert partners through this free webinar series, January 22-25, 2019. View any of the webinars live or recorded (anytime after January 28).
Here are the webinars included in this free series.
- “Inside and Out: Taking Your Text from Manuscript to Book” – by Rev. Adam Thomas
- Jan 22 at 11 AM Eastern
- What is the graphic design process that takes your completed manuscript to the final form of your book? If you are intimidated by the design of your book’s cover and interior, join author and designer Adam Thomas for a discussion exploring these questions.
- “The 3 Big Roadblocks to Getting a Publisher to Say “Yes” (And 1 Bonus Roadblock!)” – by Margot Starbuck
- Jan 22 at 2 PM Eastern
- “Removing the Roadblock by Writing a Winning Book Proposal” – by Sharon Elliott
- Jan 22 at 8:30 PM Eastern
- “Preparing Your Novel Summaries for Agents and Editors” – by Erin Healy
- Jan 23 at 11 AM Eastern
- This webinar focuses on how to write story summaries (an essential tool for pitching novels to a publisher), focused on summaries for queries and proposals to agents and editors.
- “Developing a Small Business Mindset: Clear Roadblocks such as Procrastination, Perfectionism, and Disorganization in Your Writing Career” – by Jennifer Grant
- Jan 23 at 2 PM Eastern
- Jennifer will share best practices for managing a freelance writing career, gleaned from her own decades’ long career as a columnist, editor, and author. Attendees will leave with new, practical ideas on how best to organize their work schedules, craft a mission statement for their small businesses, and clarify and market the “services” their small businesses offer.
- “Platform-Building 101 for Spiritual Writers” – by Brian Allain
- Jan 24 at 11 AM Eastern
- The most memorable quote I’ve heard from a publisher was “15 years ago all I cared about was the writing. Now I don’t even look at the writing unless they have a platform.” This webinar introduces the basics for overcoming the platform roadblock.
- “The Focused Writer Or ‘What’s It All About?’” – by Lisa Crayton
- Jan 24 at 2 PM Eastern
- Problem: unfocused manuscripts are difficult to pitch and get published. We discuss how to identify and overcome structural roadblocks inherent in unfocused manuscripts, to improve focus, readability and marketability.
- “Self Publishing Made Simple” – by Paraclete MultiMedia
- Jan 25 at 11 AM Eastern
- This webinar will focus on helping authors find the right self publishing option for your book, your message and your budget.
All webinars are approximately 30 minutes in length and can be viewed either live or recorded (anytime after January 28).