- For board and picture books, you will need to submit the full manuscript
- For chapter books (early readers, middle grade, young adult), the author should send the first 8-10 pages:
- 12 pt font, 1 inch margins, double-spaced, single sided pages
- The price of the service is $125 per manuscript
- Writers will receive a detailed, written critique of their work. If you wish to meet virtually to discuss the critique after receiving it, Jennifer will quote you an hourly consultation rate.
- Jennifer will keep your work confidential
Here are the critique notes that Jen mentioned in Panel 3.
Jennifer Grant is the author of seven books for children (Beaming Books, Eerdmans Young Readers, Church Publishing, Inc.), including the award-winning picture book Maybe God Is Like That Too. She has spoken at writing conferences on crafting excellent children’s literature (“Trying to Say God”/Notre Dame, West Coast Christian Writers Conference/San Francisco, and online webinars for Writing for Your Life) and has worked as an editorial consultant with dozens of authors on sharpening their writing for adults and for children. She has judged book competitions including The Christy Awards several times. Jennifer is a passionate reader of children’s literature and says her spiritual writing for kids is about “sparking spiritual curiosity.” Her latest book for children is A Little Blue Bottle.