Are you passionate about spiritual writing? We are here to help you gain inspiration and knowledge to empower your writing.
Writing for Your Life is committed to offering many useful resources and services to support spiritual writers. We offer in-person writing conferences and online webinars featuring leading spiritual writers and publishing industry experts. Authors discuss and teach about various aspects of spiritual writing. Industry experts offer advice on how to get published and how to market. We also provide a host of services and resources to support your spiritual writing.
Our conferences / workshops / retreats have a reputation for very high quality speakers, collegiality, and a lack of competitiveness among attendees. Come join us and enjoy the supportive environment!
We offer two types of conferences. Writing for Your Life conferences feature more authors and are focused mostly on “how to write” with a little “how to get published” and “how to market” thrown in. Publishing in Color conferences are intended to help overcome the fact that in today’s spiritual publishing industry several groups are under-represented. So they feature more publishing industry representatives and are focused on “how to get published” with a little “how to market” and “how to write” thrown in. (Learn more about Publishing in Color here.)
Save the Dates!!!
Writing for Your Life conferences
- Nov. 6-8, 2018 – Elmhurst, IL (Chicago area) – featuring Sarah Bessey and Lauren Winner – at the Elmhurst Christian Reformed Church
- March 12-14, 2019 – Indianapolis, IN – featuring Barbara Brown Taylor and John Pavlovitz – at the Christian Theological Seminary
- March 27-29, 2019 – Los Angeles, CA – at the University of Southern California
- May 21-23, 2019 – Holland, MI – featuring Mako Fujimura and Tish Harrison Warren – at the Western Theological Seminary
- June 10-12, 2019 – Madison, NJ – featuring Barbara Brown Taylor – at Drew University
Publishing in Color conferences
- Nov. 8-9, 2018 – Elmhurst, IL (Chicago area) – featuring Dominique Gilliard and Ed Gilbreath – at the Elmhurst Christian Reformed Church
- March 25-27, 2019 – Los Angeles, CA – featuring Mako Fujimura– at the University of Southern California
- June 12-14, 2019 – Madison, NJ – at Drew University
Sign up here to receive information about future online and in-person conferences.
In addition we offer several types of writer support services, online video training presentations, and other resources. We cannot guarantee that you will become a best-selling author, but we will help you take your best shot.
Learn to tell your own story; write for your life!
Writing for Your Life is pleased to offer Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for pastors for our online and in-person writing conferences and advanced writer’s retreats. Writing for Your Life is a member of the Association of Leaders in Lifelong Learning for Ministry (formerly the Society for the Advancement of Continuing Education for Ministry).
Sign up here to stay in touch.