If you write, or read, books that matter – books with substance and soul – then this is the place for you. We are here to help you gain inspiration and knowledge to empower your writing. We have a TON of free resources here and if you would like to subscribe to our weekly email newsletter with additional free resources you can do so here. Writing for Your Life is particularly useful for early-stage writers, including those who are not even sure if they consider themselves writers.
Writing for Your Life is committed to offering a wide variety of useful resources and services to support spiritual writers. We offer in-person writing conferences and online videos featuring leading spiritual writers and publishing industry experts. Authors discuss and teach about various aspects of spiritual writing. Industry experts offer advice on how to get published and how to market. We also provide a host of services and resources to support your spiritual writing. We cannot guarantee that you will become a best-selling author, but we will help you take your best shot. Learn to tell your own story; write for your life!
Our conferences have a reputation for very high quality speakers and strong collegiality, and have been consistently rated 4.6 or higher on a scale of 1 to 5. Please do not be intimidated if you have not yet published. Come join us and enjoy the supportive environment!
- “Second Tuesdays Writer Discussion Group” are free monthly interactive discussions with some of our author friends, on the Second Tuesday of each month. Each month has a different topic for discussion.
- Podcast with selected interviews of our featured authors and industry experts
- Book launch interviews featuring many of our author partners and emerging authors
Registration Now Open!!!
- The Business of Being a Writer – August, 2022 – Chautauqua, Week 8 – in-person
- The Business of Being a Spiritual Writer – Online Course – September 6-9, 2022 – online
- “How to Write Dangerously” online Writing for Your Life conference – September 12-16, 2022 – online
- Christian Children’s Book Online Conference – October 17-21, 2022 – online
Save the Dates!!!
- Publishing in Color Online Conference – Oct. 31 – Nov. 4, 2022 – online
Subscribe to the Writing for Your Life newsletter to stay tuned for further conference information.
Here is a list of the past conferences we’ve produced or co-produced.
Writing for Your Life is proud to co-sponsor the new book “How to Heal Our Divides: A Practical Guide”, winner of a 2021 Independent Author Network Book of the Year award, which is now available on Bookshop here, Amazon here and on IndieBound here!
Writing for Your Life produces Publishing in Color conferences which are intended to help overcome the fact that in today’s spiritual publishing, writers of color are under-represented. (Learn more about Publishing in Color here.)
Writing for Your Life is pleased to offer Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for pastors for our writing conferences and DigDeeper retreats. Writing for Your Life is a member of the Association of Leaders in Lifelong Learning for Ministry (formerly the Society for the Advancement of Continuing Education for Ministry).
Sign up here to receive information about future events and weekly resources for your spiritual writing.
Writing for Your Life does not require a paid subscription, does not solicit donations, and does not display third-party ads on our website or email newsletter. Writing for Your Life is not compensated by authors or publishing houses for featuring their books on our website or in our email newsletter. Writing for Your Life does receive a small commission for books sold through our online bookstore.