If you write, or read, books that matter – books with substance and soul – then this is the place for you. We are here to help you gain inspiration and knowledge to empower your writing.
Writing for Your Life is committed to offering a wide variety of useful resources and services to support spiritual writers. We offer in-person writing conferences and online webinars featuring leading spiritual writers and publishing industry experts. Authors discuss and teach about various aspects of spiritual writing. Industry experts offer advice on how to get published and how to market. We also provide a host of services and resources to support your spiritual writing. We cannot guarantee that you will become a best-selling author, but we will help you take your best shot. Learn to tell your own story; write for your life!
Our conferences have a reputation for very high quality speakers and strong collegiality, and have been consistently ranked 4.6 or higher on a scale of 1 to 5. Please do not be intimidated if you have not yet published. Come join us and enjoy the supportive environment!
Registration Now Open!!!
- Writing for Your Life – Charlotte – March 24-25, 2020 – featuring Barbara Brown Taylor
- The Business of Being a Spiritual Writer – Charlotte – March 26, 2020
- The Business of Being a Spiritual Writer – at the Festival of Faith and Writing – Grand Rapids – April 15, 2020
- Writing for Your Life – Minneapolis – April 27-28, 2020 – featuring Barbara Brown Taylor
- The Business of Being a Spiritual Writer – Minneapolis – April 29, 2020
- An Italian Retreat: The Craft and Business of Spiritual Writing – Rome and Florence – September 20-26, 2020
Save the Date!!!
- The Business of Being a Spiritual Writer – Milwaukee – April 24, 2020
- The Business of Being a Spiritual Writer – New Jersey – June 3
- Writing for Your Life – New Jersey – June 4-5
- Publishing with Pride – a conference for LGBT+ spiritual writers – New York City – June 27, 2020
Subscribe to the Writing for Your Life newsletter to stay tuned for further conference information.
Here is a list of the past conferences we’ve produced or co-produced.
Writing for Your Life also produces Publishing in Color conferences which are intended to help overcome the fact that in today’s spiritual publishing industry several groups are under-represented. (Learn more about Publishing in Color here.)
Writing for Your Life is pleased to offer Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for pastors for our writing conferences and DigDeeper retreats. Writing for Your Life is a member of the Association of Leaders in Lifelong Learning for Ministry (formerly the Society for the Advancement of Continuing Education for Ministry).
Sign up here to receive information about future events and weekly resources for your spiritual writing.