Kathleen Long Bostrom, Lisa Crayton, and Jennifer Grant are offering manuscript critiques at a discounted price for our conference attendees. If you have a completed (or work in progress) manuscript and would like one of them to read it and provide you with a detailed, written critique, then follow these instructions:
- After you’ve registered for the conference, you will receive an email that includes instructions on how to pay for this service.
- For board and picture books, you will need to submit the full manuscript (no illustrations).
- For chapter books (early readers, middle grade, young adult), the author should send the first 8-10 pages:
- 12 pt font, 1 inch margins, double-spaced, single sided pages
- The price of the service is $125 per manuscript.
- Within a month following your submission, writers will receive a detailed, written critique of their work. If you wish to meet virtually to discuss the critique. after receiving it, the service provider will quote you an hourly consultation rate.
- These manuscript critiques are done by professional editors who will keep your work confidential.
return to the main conference page