Welcome to Second Tuesdays! This free online discussion series features authors who have a heart for helping other authors! Each month we have an open, informal discussion on a different topic. Everyone is welcome to participate!
When: The next online gathering will be Tuesday, November 14 at 8pm ET on Zoom. You can join us using this link. The event is free and no registration is required.
What: The topic of our discussion is different each month. In November, we will have a special Open Mic night. You are invited to read a short passage of you writing, and then receive feedback from other participants. Space is limited. Sign up here.
Reminders: If you would like to receive email reminders in advance of each group meeting, please let us know here.
Recordings of past sessions: Each session is recorded and available on this page for later enjoyment. Past discussions can be found at the links below.
- October 2023: “Writing with Faithfulness” with Dr. Portia Brown
- September 2023: “Creating Poetry from Prose” with Marla Taviano
- May 2023: “Exploring contemporary issues through a scriptural lens” with the Rev. Dr. Dorothy Sanders Wells
- April 2023: “Platform Building for Beginners” with Caroline Beidler
- March 2023: “The Ethical Memoir: How to Tell the Truth about Yourself and Others Without Burning the Whole Thing Down” with Molly Baskette
- February 2023: “Tips for Maximizing Freelance Opportunities” with Kyle Norman
- January 2023: “Writing to the Spiritual Needs of Our Time” with David Morris
- December 2022: “Journaling and Writing: The Inner Dimensions of Our Outward Journey” with Wes Granberg-Michaelson
- November 2022: “Today’s Holy Spirit Writers” with Victoria McAfee
- October 2022: “How to Write About Hard and Controversial Things” with Kerry Connelly
- September 2022: “Writing as Risk and Renewal with Susan K. Williams Smith
- May 2022: “Disarming: Unpacking Loaded Language with Marilyn McEntyre
- April 2022: “Being a Bi-Vocational Writer” – If/how we can juggle – and honor – our multiple vocational callings with Kate Rademacher
- March 2022: “The power of representation” with Dorena Williamson
- February 2022: “Building your network — How to form, maintain, and navigate relationships with other authors” with Traci Smith
- January 2022: “When you’re told your writing is too secular for Christian publishers, and too Christian for secular publishers” with Arthur Bolkas
- December 2021: “Identifying guiding words to remind us why we write” with Brent Bill
- November 2021: “Finishing Well: completing projects in a topsy-turvy world” with Sophfronia Scott
- October 2021: “Navigating Your Interior Life While Writing” with Vinita Hampton Wright
- Here is Vinita’s handout
- September 2021: “Connecting With Your Audience Before You Write Your Book” with Sharon Norris Elliott
- June 2021: “Writing Flash Fiction” featuring Xochitl Dixon
- May 2021: “What the Ancient Stoics Have Taught Me About Being a Writer–And What They Can Teach You Too.” with Lori Erickson
- April 2021: “What Is a Writing Coach and Should I Invest in One?” with Erin Healy
- March 2021: “The Art of Interviewing” with Philip Yancey
- February 2021: “The Challenges of Writing into Reality and Division” with Diana Butler Bass
- January 2021: “2020 is over; time for a new start” with Lyn Cryderman
- December 2020: “ending the year well” with Brent Bill
- November 2020: “writing during a chaotic 2020” with Patricia Raybon
- October 2020: a discussion on children’s books with guest author Glenys Nellist
- August 2020: “What does “re-entry” look like with summer winding down and trying to find some semblance of an academic year routine? What does “Writing in a Pandemic” continue to look like practically.“
- July 2020: “Creative Ways to Vision the Future of the Spiritual Writing”
- June 2020: “Transformation”
- May 2020: “How to Respond to a Crisis”
- April 2020: “Writing During a Pandemic”