We are excited to offer you several opportunities:
- Optional private 1-on-1 online meetings with select speakers (separate registration required; sign-up available after you register) In addition to the Q&A with each speaker, all registered attendees can also pay an extra fee to have a private 1-on-1 online meeting (phone or Zoom) with some of our speakers. These private meetings are informal 20-minute “get to know you” meetings where writers can convey information about their project and ask questions. They are NOT manuscript review sessions, and the speakers are under no obligation to follow up with you after your meeting. The cost of each meeting is $30 and is non-refundable. The supply of meetings for each speaker is limited, and will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. These meetings can take place either before, during, or after the conference at a mutually convenient time for the attendee and speaker. Sign up will be available after you register for the conference. Speakers participating in this portion of the program are:
- Amy Julia Becker – learn more about Amy Julia here
- Stacey Chomiak – learn more about Stacey here
- Angela Denker – learn more about Angela here
- Elizabeth Hagan – learn more about Elizabeth here
- Q&A after each presentation – attendees will have the opportunity to ask questions after every presentation (via Zoom). These meetings are a rare chance to ask informal questions of someone heavily engaged in the publishing world.
- Networking Lunch Breaks – unmoderated, informal times for you to meet and chat with other conference attendees; no reservations required
- Conference Contact List – we will maintain an online spreadsheet where attendees can (optionally) share their name, email address, website, and social media info if they would like to share it with conference attendees.
- Open mic session – attendees will have the opportunity to present a short excerpt of their writing to other conference attendees. Each speaker will have 5 minutes, including their introduction and reading. Don’t miss this important, but optional, opportunity to gain experience reading your work, and to support your fellow writers! Each speaker will be limited to 5 minutes. Sign-up will be available after you register for the conference – first-come, first-served. (via Zoom)
- “Navigating a Bi-Vocational Life: Juggling Writing with Other Passions”
- Independent publishing demo
- Private Facebook Group for WFYL conference attendees – stay in touch before, during, and after the conference
return to main conference page