Without being very sure of the following nine things, your book project will not go very far. This is my “first thing first” plan to get you started:
- Why are you writing a book?
- Whom are you writing for – specifically?
- What do you want to write about?
- What will the reader gain from reading your book?
- Should what you are aiming to write even be a book?
- Develop a chapter-by-chapter outline….
- Think of how you will illustrate each step, lesson, or concept.
- Will you be using secondary sources…
- Make sure you have a compelling introduction and conclusion.
From “So They Say You Should Write A Book” by Jevon Bolden