Here are five tips to transform your weak relational links into strong ones through networking:
- Keep a list of your most active audience members, by city. When you visit a city for pleasure or business, pull out your list and invite your audience members for coffee.
- Make time each month for a Skype call to get to know at least one person from your audience.
- Interview somebody from your audience for your blog, podcast, or video. Use that interaction as an excuse to build a closer relationship.
- Start a chain reaction of reciprocity by going out of your way to send a card or personal note to those who are sharing your content and supporting you.
- Make yourself available. When I’m on a long car ride, I tweet out that I’m available for a phone call to keep me company along the way. If someone responds, I send a private message with my phone number. This has created some of the most amazing friendships!
from “Known” by Mark Schaefer