When we identify something our customer wants and communicate it simply, the story we are inviting them into is given definition and direction.
Here are some more examples:
- Financial Advisor: “A Plan for Your Retirement”
- College Alumni Association: “Leave a Meaningful Legacy”
- Fine-Dining Restaurant: “A Meal Everybody Will Remember”
- Real Estate Agent: “The Home You’ve Dreamed About”
- Bookstore: “A Story to Get Lost In”
- Breakfast Bars: “A Healthy Start to Your Day”
When you define something your customer wants, the customer is invited to alter their story in your direction. If they see your brand as a trustworthy and reliable guide, they will likely engage.
from “Building a StoryBrand: Clarify Your Message So Customers Will Listen” by Donald Miller