The first thing you learn from other spirituality writers is that there is no formula that works for everybody. Spirituality writers are effective at what they do when they tap their truest selves and write under the guidance of the spirit using the practices that work best for them. Generally though, the writers who have had the greatest impact have certain things in common.
- Writing and spirituality merge into one experience.
- True spiritual writing is as individual as the author writing it.
- The truth must be told but need not include all information.
- Not all accomplished spirituality writers are humble, but most of them are.
- Spiritual reality does not always organize well.
from “The Art of Spiritual Writing” by Vinita Hampton Wright, Loyola Press