by Angela Enos
Whew, six months have passed since I attended my first Writing for Your Life conference. Many of the knowledgeable speakers left me feeling suitably equipped and inspired to write. I must admit though, my jaw did hit the ground several times during the conference as we discussed building a platform. Brian’s teachings were accurate, to the point, and tremendously informative; yet the task of building a platform seemed so overwhelming to me.
Do not dismay my friend. If you apply the wealth of information you have gained at your recent conference, and add some blood, sweat, and tears–okay, perhaps not blood–you can build a platform.
I attended my first WFYL conference in June, 2019. For reinforcement and encouragement, I attended The Business of Being a Writer, in October, 2019. Heeding the saying “two heads are better than one,” I invited my husband to attend the October Business seminar with me, and we were educated together. A great idea.
Six months have now passed since I began my endeavor to build a platform. Please allow me to highlight what I have accomplished.
- Brainstormed and birthed a brand, business plan, funding, and strategy for Prayers for Life, my free, innovative, online prayer school.
- Attended professional photo shoot.
- Had a professional website designed and launched.
- Learned how to produce videos, edit said videos, and add sounds, music, and subtitles.
- Began Facebook business page and YouTube channel.
- Learned how to produce and manage Facebook ads.
- August 2019 – Launched Prayers for Life, my online prayer school, on Facebook and YouTube.
- Produced weekly teaching videos and posted videos to website, Facebook, and YouTube.
- Produced a weekly Newsletter to obtain email subscribers.
- Designed two Prayers for Life t-shirts. Preparing to sell in 2020.
- Submitted articles for possible print to various magazines.
- My husband and I attended The Business of Being a Spiritual Writer workshop by Brian Allain in Nashville, TN.
- Began working towards gaining speaking engagements. (Taught at five successful speaking engagements in 2019).
- Began Instagram channel, Morning Prayers. A video prayer is posted each Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- Inaugurated and advertised my 2020 plan for Prayers for Life, “Claiming the Prize.”
Well, what is left to do in 2020?
- Procure many more speaking engagements through a mailing campaign, which was launched January 2020.
- Add Spanish subtitles to my videos in order to open the door to a whole new audience.
- Produce e-teachings as giveaways in order to obtain more email addresses and subscribers.
- Submit more articles to magazines and enter writing contests.
- Attend additional writer’s conferences.
I have worked tirelessly in 2019, and I am just getting started. Why? Because I believe in my books and in God’s healing power as it comes alive through my writings. That is the key. Believe in yourself and what you are producing, whether in writing or video. Speak those things that are not as if they are (Romans 4:17), run the race and receive your crown (I Cor. 9:24). Be encouraged, it is possible.
Angela Enos is a retired youth pastor and children’s pastor; now author, speaker, and the founder of Prayers for Life, an innovative online prayer school designed to bring power and victory to God’s people. Angela produces a weekly 10-minute teaching video, a bi-weekly electronic Newsletter, and supplemental videos and inspirational postings. Check out Angela’s website, YouTube channel, and Facebook page for further details and to view her life-changing videos.